Each accredited institution of higher learning is required to periodically undergo a review by its accrediting agency. This review typically includes a rigorous self-study and feedback from peer institutions.
For ACPHS, our institution-wide accreditation is provided by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. During the last Middle States review which culminated in 2010, the College received the then maximum 10-year reaccreditation.
The process to extend our accreditation began in 2018 and will continue through spring 2020 per the below timeline. Please consult this page and the associated sidebar links for updates as we move through the reaccreditation process.
STEERING COMMITTEE and WORKING GROUPS
The reaccreditation process will be a true community-wide initiative, and it is the Steering Committee who will drive this effort in close collaboration with the working groups.
The Steering Committee members are:
- Dave Clarke (Co-Chair) - Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences
- Sue Iwanowicz (Co-Chair) - Director of Library Services
- Nick Balk - Director of Admissions
- Vaishali Jahagirdar - Director of Institutional Effectiveness
- Nicole Lodise - Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Mike Racz - Associate Professor, Department of Basic and Clinical Sciences
Below is the list of Working Groups and Group Leaders. The focus of each group aligns with one of the seven standards for accreditation as outlined by Middle States.
- Mission and Goals - Martha Hass, Associate Professor and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Ethics and Integrity - Peter Cornish, Director of Counseling and Wellness, Division of Student Affairs
- Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience - Michael Pittman, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Humanities and Communication
- Support of the Student Experience - Luke Schmonsky, Director of Center for Student Success, Division of Student Affairs
- Educational Effectiveness Assessment - Aimee Strang, Assistant Dean for Curricular Assessment and Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement - Lisa Fiori, Comptroller, Department of Finance
- Governance, Leadership and Administration - Jeff Voigt, Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The above-listed groups will be assisted by two additional working groups:
- Compliance Report - Tiffany Gutierrez, Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Evidence Inventory Management - Kate Wantuch, Systems and Metadata Librarian
The below timeline provides an overview of the key milestones during the Self-Study process.
|Creation of the Self-Study Design document||Feb. - April 2018|
|Evidence Inventory Development||April - Sept. 2018|
|Working Group analysis of data and drafting of Self-Study report||Sept. 2018 - Feb. 2019|
|Community review and revisions of draft report||March - May 2019|
|Submission of final Self-Study report to MSCHE||Fall 2019|
|Self-Study Site Visit||Spring 2020|