Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
2014 Commencement Exercises
- The Albany Campus ceremony took place on Saturday, May 17 at 1:00 pm at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center.
- The Vermont Campus ceremony took place on Sunday, May 18 at 1:00 pm at the Champlain Valley Expo.
- There were 268 students who graduated from the Albany Campus - 32 students with B.S. degrees, 206 with Pharm.D. (Doctor of Pharmacy) degrees, and 30 with M.S. degrees.
- There were 66 students who graduated from the Vermont Campus - 65 with Pharm.D. degrees and 1 with an M.S. degree.
- ACPHS President James J. Gozzo, Ph.D., delivered the commencement address on the Albany Campus. Dr. Gozzo is stepping down as president of the College on June 30, 2014, following 16 years as head of the school.
- Vermont Commissioner of Health Harry Chen, M.D., delivered the commencement address on the Vermont Campus.
- Thirteen percent (13%) of the members of the Class of 2014 were international students.
- This year's graduating class represented 21 states and 9 countries.
- In addition to ones given to Drs. Gozzo and Chen, a third honorary degree was given to Lawrence H. Mokhiber, M.S., R.Ph., Executive Secretary of the New York State Board of Pharmacy.
- Greg Dewey, Ph.D., will succeed Dr. Gozzo as president of the College on July 1, 2014. He will become the ninth president in the College's 134 year history.
Commencement pictures are now available!