The Academic Advisor reports to the Director of Academic Advising and is responsible for providing academic advising to undergraduate students, with an emphasis on new and first-year students.
The Advisor works closely with faculty and staff to successfully coordinate and implement intrusive academic advising to ensure student retention and success in accordance with the Strategic Plan of the College and the Division of Student Affairs.
This position also serves on the Academic Advising Committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advises students regarding information, procedures, and academic requirements of a specific program or major
- Assists students in exploring careers, evaluating academic abilities and setting goals
- Prepares advising materials such as student information, advising guides, workshops and other outreach materials
- Presents advising information to orientation groups and potential students and parents
- Monitors academic progress of students; analyzes progress reports from instructors; meets with students regularly to discuss strategies for achieving goals
- Identifies current and potential needs or problem areas and refers students to appropriate campus resources for assistance
- Serves as an information resource for faculty, staff, and students regarding supporting students in their transition to college
- Collaborates on interdepartmental initiatives such as First-Year Experience Program
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Academic Advising
Bachelor’s degree and 1 - 2 years of experience in academic advising, counseling or other direct student services required.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information of three references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications and nominations should be sent by U.S. or electronic mail to:
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Attn: Office of Human Resources
106 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
Fax: (518) 694-7202
ACPHS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.