The Career Services office provides current students on both the Albany and Vermont Campuses with instruction in career education, planning, and development through tools such as ACPHS CareerCentral (see link on left side of the page).
The staff works closely with academic departments, alumni, and employers to teach students the methods of career research that will empower them to develop life-long career planning and job search skills.
Employers are encouraged to contact the College with regards to employment opportunities or with questions about events, such as career panels and the annual Career Fair.
Employers may also use ACPHS CareerCentral to post employment, internship, residency, and/or fellowship opportunities. For more information about how employers can partner with ACPHS Career Services, see the "Information for Employers" section below.
To learn more about ACPHS Career Services offerings or discuss ways to partner with the College, please contact Luke Schmonsky, Director of the Center for Student Success, or Linda Roberts, Career and Employer Relations Specialist.
General inquiries and job postings may be directed to Career.Services@acphs.edu.
INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Career Services provides individual and group services and events for all undergraduate, graduate and PharmD students in all stages of the career development process.
- Individual Appointments - The Career Services staff provide one-on-one career advising appointments on topics including but not limited to:
- Resume or CV, cover letter, and personal statement writing
- Career exploration and decision-making
- Applying to graduate and professional school
- Job and internship search
- Interview skills
- Networking, both online and in person
- Events and Workshops - Career Services partners with student affairs departments, academic departments, student professional organizations, and employers to deliver career events and workshops, including:
- Career Fair and Interview Day
- Residency and Fellowship Preparation
- Workshops on various career topics, including resume writing, interview prep, internship search, and applying to medical school
- Employer information tables and information sessions
- Alumni and employer career panels and networking events
- ACPHS Intranet Site - The ACPHS Career Services Intranet site features links to numerous career resources and job search sites based on interest, major and career path (please note that this site is only accessible to those with an @acphs.edu e-mail address).
- ACPHS Alumni Outreach Group on LinkedIn - The ACPHS Alumni Outreach Group on LinkedIn offers virtual career mentoring for students by ACPHS alumni. The purpose of this group is to provide a way for current students to connect with alumni and provide a platform for sharing support, information, guidance, and networking opportunities.
- Mock Interviewing with InterviewStream - Want to practice your interviewing skills? Try InterviewStream, a web-based mock interview program that assists students with preparing for upcoming interviews or practicing interview skills. Contact Career.Services@acphs.edu for login information.
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYERS
Career Services offers employers a number of ways to connect with ACPHS students and alumni on our Albany, NY and Colchester, VT campuses.
- Post Positions on ACPHS CareerCentral - The Office of Career Services maintains an online job board called ACPHS CareerCentral. Employers interested in posting positions to this website should contact CareerServices@acphs.edu, and a staff member will help facilitate the request.
- Visit campus to connect with students in person - Create a personal connection with students and generate interest in your company or organization by hosting an information session or information table free of charge. A Career Services staff member will assist with the scheduling and advertising process.
- Conduct on-campus interviews - If you would like to advertise a position, collect applicant materials, or arrange to conduct interviews with candidates at an on-campus location, Career Services can assist you with the interview scheduling process. You may wish to host an Information Session in advance of your on-campus interviews to share information about your company and position openings.
- Participate in Career Fair and Interview Day - Each year in November, ACPHS hosts Career Fair and Interview Day, connecting companies and organizations in pharmacy and health care to a large volume of students. A fee is associated with participation in the Career Fair and Interview Day event. For more information and questions regarding the ACPHS Career Fair and Interview Day, please contact Patty Tompkins, Events Manager, at (518) 694-7123.