The Career Services office provides current students on both the Albany and Vermont Campuses with instruction in career education, planning, and development through tools such as the ACPHS Career Zone.
The staff works closely with academic departments, alumni, and employers to teach students the methods of career research that will empower them to develop life-long career planning and job search skills.
Employers are encouraged to contact the College with regards to employment opportunities or with questions about events, such as career panels and the annual Career Fair.
Employers may also use the ACPHS Career Zone to post employment, internship, residency, and/or fellowship opportunities. For more information about how employers can partner with ACPHS Career Services, click "Information for Employers" below.
To learn more about ACPHS Career Services offerings or discuss ways to partner with the College, please contact Luke Schmonsky, Director of Student Academic Support, or Allison Beyer, Career and Employer Relations Coordinator.
General inquiries and job postings may be directed to Career.Services@acphs.edu.
Information For Students
- Individual Appointments - The Career Services staff provide one-on-one career advising appointments on topics including but not limited to:
- Resume or CV, cover letter, and personal statement writing
- Career exploration and decision-making
- Applying to graduate and professional school
- Job and internship search
- Interview skills
- Events and Workshops - Career Services partners with student affairs departments, academic departments, student professional organizations, and employers to deliver career events and workshops, including:
- Career Fair and Interview Day
- Residency and Fellowship Week
- Workshops on various career topics, including resume writing, interview prep, internship search, and applying to medical school
- Employer information tables and information sessions
- Alumni and employer career panels and networking events
- ACPHS Career Zone - Career Services maintains an online job board and resources site open to all students and alumni called ACPHS Career Zone. On ACPHS Career Zone, students and alumni can:
- Review job postings submitted to Career Services by employers who want to advertise opportunities to the ACPHS community
- Upload a resume or CV, cover letter, or personal statement and receive feedback from a Career Services staff member
- Access career resources and ACPHS Career Guides tailored to careers in pharmacy and health sciences: Resume and Curriculum Vitae (CV) Guide, Guide to Writing Letters of Application (Cover Letters, Letters of Intent, Statements of Purpose, and Personal Statements), and Guide to Interviewing
- RSVP for upcoming Career Services events
- ACPHS Intranet Site - The ACPHS Career Services Intranet site features links to numerous career resources and job search sites based on interest, major and career path (please note that this site is only accessible to those with an @acphs.edu e-mail address).
- ACPHS Alumni Outreach Group on LinkedIn - The ACPHS Alumni Outreach Group on LinkedIn offers virtual career mentoring for students by ACPHS alumni. The purpose of this group is to provide a way for current students to connect with alumni and provide a platform for sharing support, information, guidance, and networking opportunities.
- Mock Interviewing with InterviewStream - Want to practice your interviewing skills? Try InterviewStream, a web-based mock interview program that assists students with preparing for upcoming interviews or practicing interview skills.
Information For Employers
- Post positions on ACPHS Career Zone - ACPHS Career Services maintains an online job board called ACPHS Career Zone. Employers may post positions to ACPHS Career Zone free of charge by accessing the system using the steps below or e-mailing position postings to Career.Services@acphs.edu. To post jobs to ACPHS Career Zone at your convenience:
- Visit the ACPHS Career Zone website and click "Register" to complete the employer registration form. A Career Services staff member will review and approve your registration information. Once approved by the staff member, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a link to set your password. If you are already registered but forgot your password, click "Forgot Password" to have a password reset link automatically e-mailed to you. If you are unsure which email address you used to register, contact Allison Beyer at 518-694-7295.
- Once your registration is complete, log on to the ACPHS Career Zone website using your e-mail and password
- Click "Jobs" in the top menu, then click "+Add New" on the Jobs page
- Enter all position information and click "Submit." Repeat this process for all positions you would like to post on ACPHS Career Zone.
- After you submit your posting(s), a Career Services staff member will review and approve each posting, typically within 1-2 business days. Upon approval, your job posting(s) will become viewable on the job board until the expiration date set by you within the job posting form.
- If you have any questions or issues, please contact Allison Beyer at 518-694-7295.
- Visit campus to connect with students in person - Create a personal connection with students and generate interest in your company or organization by hosting an information session or information table free of charge. A Career Services staff member will assist with the scheduling and advertising process.
- Conduct on-campus interviews - If you would like to advertise a position, collect applicant materials, or arrange to conduct interviews with candidates at an on-campus location, Career Services can assist you with the interview scheduling process. You may wish to host an Information Session in advance of your on-campus interviews to share information about your company and position openings.
- Participate in Career Fair and Interview Day - Each year in November, ACPHS hosts Career Fair and Interview Day, connecting companies and organizations in pharmacy and health care to a large volume of students. A fee is associated with participation in the Career Fair and Interview Day event. For more information and questions regarding the ACPHS Career Fair and Interview Day, please contact Patty Tompkins, Events Manager, at (518) 694-7123.