Our graduate programs are well-suited to individuals who would like to accelerate their careers with a master's degree and to those who wish to prepare themselves for further study in Ph.D. or professional programs.
- Completed application for admission. Click here to apply.
- Pharm.D., B.A., or B.S. degree appropriate to area of intended study; degree must be earned prior to graduate enrollment and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Personal essay outlining relevant background/experience and why you wish to pursue graduate study at ACPHS.
- Official GRE scores (general test only) taken within the last five years. There is no required minimum GRE score for admission, but successful applicants typically score in the top 50th percentile. Please note: (i) The college GRE code is 2013 and (ii) Current ACPHS students applying for direct entry into the graduate school are exempt from taking the GRE.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, regardless of whether a degree was earned or not. International applicants must also submit official WES or ECE evaluations of academic transcripts from any institutions attended outside the United States.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from relevant faculty members or professional employers who can attest to your likelihood of success in graduate school.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL scores (minimum iBT score of 84) taken within the last two years.
- Payment of $75 application fee.
All supporting materials should be sent directly to:
Office of Graduate Studies
Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
106 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
Review of the application begins when all admissions requirements listed below have been received. Applications are reviewed by program faculty committees and decisions are based on the applicant’s prior academic performance, rigor of academic background, standardized test scores, recommendations, research, career and/or volunteer experience, and commitment to pursuing graduate education at ACPHS.
The review process may also require an on-campus, telephone, or Skype interview with the program faculty admission committee.
Students will receive official notification of the admissions decision from the School of Graduate Studies approximately 6-8 weeks after all required materials have been received.
To be considered for transfer credit, courses must have been taken within the past seven (7) years and only grades of B or higher will be considered for transfer credit. Courses graded on a pass/fail basis will not be eligible for transfer credit.
Students will need to submit an official transcript showing the course number and title, the number of credit hours, when it was taken and the grade received. Students may also need to submit a course description and/or syllabus.