Our graduate programs are well-suited to individuals who would like to accelerate their careers with a master's degree and those who wish to prepare themselves for further study in Ph.D. or professional programs.
The School of Graduate Studies accepts students on a rolling basis. Deadlines for application vary by program. Students are encouraged to apply early for the best chance of admission with aid.
The review process may also require an on-campus, telephone, or Skype interview with the program faculty admission committee.
Students will receive official notification of the admissions decision from the School of Graduate Studies approximately 6-8 weeks after all required materials have been received.
- Students applying to the M.S. in Clinical Laboratory Sciences or Cytotechnology must use the AHCAS application system. Students applying to the M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Molecular Biosciences or Health Outcomes Research must use the PharmCAS application for graduate study. Please carefully read the below directions to identify the appropriate application and to avoid any delays in processing. Click here to apply.
Students should have the following:
- Pharm.D., B.A., or B.S. degree appropriate to area of intended study; degree must be earned prior to graduate enrollment and should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Personal essay outlining relevant background/experience and why you wish to pursue graduate study. The essay will be submitted directly into the online application.
- Official GRE scores (general test only) taken within the last five years. There is no required minimum GRE score for admission, but successful applicants typically score in the top 50th percentile. Please note: (i) The college GRE code is 2013 and scores should be sent directly from ETS to ACPHS and (ii) Current ACPHS students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher applying for direct entry into the graduate school from one of the College's bachelor's programs are exempt from taking the GRE.
- Official transcripts and/or official foreign transcript evaluations from all colleges attended, regardless of whether a degree was earned or not. Official transcripts from U.S. colleges must be sent directly to the online application service using the transcript request form found in the application. Applicants who have attended college outside the United States must submit official WES or ECE evaluations of all foreign transcripts directly to the application service (please do not send them to ACPHS).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from relevant faculty members or professional employers who can attest to your likelihood of success in graduate school and your chosen field of study. Students should include the names and contact information with the application. Do not send letters directly to the College.
- Students applying to the M.S. in Cytotechnology or Clinical Laboratory Sciences must also submit a current resume.
- International applicants are required to submit official TOEFL scores (minimum iBT score of 84) or official IELTS scores (minimum score of 7) taken within the last two years. These scores should be sent directly to ACPHS.
Please direct any questions about Graduate Admissions to:
Office of Graduate Studies
106 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208