Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, in conjunction with MVP Health Care, is excited to host the 3rd Annual Health and Wellness Expo on Saturday, September 27, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
This one-day, full service health fair is open to the community and packed with an incredible line-up of free and discounted health services and events. Highlights include:
- 5K Walk/Run
- Medication Take Back
- $10 Flu Shots
- Private Medication Consultation with Pharmacist
- And more!
Read below to learn more about all of the day's programs and activities.
5K Walk/Run and Other Special Events
8:15 am – Day-of Registration
9:00 am – 5K Walk/Run Start
Pay $20 when you Register Online or use the Printable Registration Form. Day of the race registration is $25. Free t-shirts to all participants. Proceeds benefit the Mario Zeolla '97 Memorial Scholarship.
Medication Take Back
Safely dispose of your unused or expired medications at our annual medication takeback event.
- WILL accept – controlled substances, liquids, and household medications
- Will NOT accept – syringes or sharps
Flu Shot Clinic
$10 flu shots, open to the public.
Private Medication Consultation with Pharmacist
Review your medications with a licensed pharmacist and receive recommendations to share with your physician.
Health Programs & Services
- Asthma screening
- Depression and anxiety screenings
- Diabetes screening
- Blood pressure screening
- Hearing and speech screenings
- HIV screening
- Kidney disease risk assessment
- Breast cancer risk assessment
- Medicare Part D education and enrollment
- Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage (EPIC) program
- Farmer’s market
- Healthy food samples
Fun for Kids
- Face painting
Here are important forms for registered vendors to complete and bring to the Expo:
Directions and Parking
Use Google Maps to find our campus or follow the directions provided below:
From the North:
Take I-87 South to I-90 East (exit 1E). Follow I-90 to Route 85 (exit 4). Follow directions below.*
From the South or West:
Take the New York State Thruway to exit 24. Continue on I-90 East after the toll booths to Route 85 (exit 4). Follow directions below.*
From the East:
Take I-90 West to Route 85 (exit 4). Follow directions below.*
- * Take Route 85 to the Krumkill Road exit (approximately 1.5 miles).
- Turn left at the light at the top of the ramp onto Krumkill Road.
- Turn right at the first light and take Krumkill Road to New Scotland Avenue.
- Turn left onto New Scotland Avenue.
- Travel approximately 1.5 miles on New Scotland and turn right onto Holland Avenue.
- Take first right onto Notre Dame Drive.
- Turn right onto Union Drive and follow the signs for Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences parking.
Click here to view Campus Map.